Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Derby Weekend

HAPPY DERBY!

With my boyfriend Jay being from Louisville, KY, the Kentucky Derby is a big deal in our house. We just happen to be lucky enough to go also! Last year was my first derby experience so I think I qualify as a "seasoned veteran" this year. 

We attended Churchill Downs last Friday for the Kentucky Oaks. (I know, I know, this post is waaaay late.) That way we could free up Saturday for all of the fabulous Derby parties! It was a BLAST!


The hats were all so fabulous!
 I got my super-cool hat from Hat-A-Tude's online shop and had it shipped directly to Kentucky. I was so convenient not having to carry it on the plane!



This was our whole group we went with!


We also took a trip to the Louisville Slugger factory while we were there. While we were there, they were making the pink bats that the baseball players use on Mother's Day. They also have the world's largest baseball bat! 


At the Slugger Museum, there was also a Loony Tunes exhibit that had all of these neat cells from baseball cartoons. It brought back so many memories!


We had such a fun time! Can't wait to visit again!


No comments:

Post a Comment