Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Packing for Kids

I cannot believe it has been a whole month since my last post! Sorry, peeps. Life and picture-difficulties have gotten in the way... but now I'm BACK! 

With another travel post?! Well, it's that time of year peeps, so get used to it! There's a lot more where this came from! 

Today I would like to talk about packing, specifically for the kiddos. Is there a worst feeling in the world than when you're on vacation and your kids suitcase looks like a natural disaster happened inside the bag? (Well for me and my OCD self, this sucks pretty bad.) 

I've started packing for Alayna using the "bag system". I can pack her bag, unpack at our destination and repack our bags to leave in only about 10 minutes each time. 



I start of by counting how many outfits, pajamas, swimsuits, etc. she will need. I then place each individual outfit into a Ziploc bag. I make sure to include the outfit, underwear and socks. Lately, I've even started to label the bags with the contents of each bag and suggestions on shoes to wear the in the contained outfit. (This came really in handy over a trip we had with family that has other girls the same age. So that if their clothes got separated during the trip, I could reference the bag and know what clothes were missing! Pretty smart, huh?)

Each day on vacation, my daughter can just pick out one bag and go! No more fussing over outfits, it just a matter of picking a bag. Cuts out time getting ready and allows us more time to have fun!



What great ideas to you have for packing for kiddos? Have you seen anything cool and would like to share? Let me know! Leave a comment! 


No comments:

Post a Comment