Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Summertime Reading Review: Adult Edition

If you didn't get the hint the other day, I love to read. I'm definitely a total nerd so my reading list consists of things like Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent trilogy, some good smut (a lot of Nora Roberts and Danielle Steele), Dragon Tattoo, etc. I'm a big fan of books that will eventually be a movie, but i'll always read the book first, not the other way around. Not a lot of non-fiction books but I'm usually down for one every once in a while.

Yesterday we talked about some great reading material for the kiddos. Today I'd like to make some suggestions for the grown-ups. Here are some of my favorites for this summer.

1. The Casual Vacancy
     Starting out with a book written by J.K. Rowling (insert smiley face here) this book is not the quickest read but is a great story. The best part: HBO is currently casting a 3-part miniseries of the novel.



   Always a classic, this novel is the perfect "quick read" for a vacation on the beach. I love the accomplished feeling of finishing a book on vaca, it makes me feel as if I've genuinely relaxed. Taking a gander at Leo afterward in the movie isn't so bad either ;)



     So this one can't technically be a review because, to be honest, I haven't read it yet. I can say, that this is the book that I am most excited to read! I am just about to start it and I cannot wait! Plus: The movie just came out! (Starting to see the theme here?)


     Ok, one more J.K. Rowling plug, and I'm done. Written under the male pen name of "Robert Galbraith". These books are perfect for all of you murder-mystery readers out there. No movie involved with this one, but still great reads!





Have you read any good books lately? Do you have a summertime favorite that you just can't put down? Leave a comment and let me know! Once I'm done with The Fault In Our Stars, I'll need something new to read!
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment